Some users wish to configure their secure email systems to facilitate easier access and ‘offline’ working; our outlook add-in includes options to facilitate this.
Please note that these new features have no effect on the way in which we secure your messages in transit, they remain encrypted to military standards from desktop to desktop… and of course you will still need to be ‘online’ and ‘signed in’ to Beyond Encryption to send and receive secure messages.
The following options are available in the BE settings:
- An option that will allow you to set the system up so that secure messages that you send are stored in your Sent Items list as standard email messages i.e. not encrypted.
- Once you have sent a secure message, you will be able to open it from within your Sent Items list.
- You will not need to sign in to the system to read messages that you have previously sent securely.
- You will be able to read secure messages that you have sent whilst ‘offline’ (i.e. when you are not connected to the internet).
- An option that will allow you to set the system up so that secure messages that you have opened once (having signed-in and answered any optional challenge set) are stored in your Inbox as standard email messages i.e. not encrypted.
- Once you have opened a message, you will be able to open it in the future directly from in your Inbox.
- You will not need to sign in to the system to read secure messages that you have already opened.
- You will be able to read messages that you have received securely whilst ‘offline’ (i.e. when you are not connected to the internet).
Please note that enabling the ‘offline’ features will ‘unlock’ the secure messages that are stored on your computer and therefore anyone with access to your computer will be able to read them. If you prefer the security of having your secure emails stored in your Inbox and Sent Items list in an encrypted manner, you should not alter your Beyond Encryption settings.
To enable the new ‘offline’ features, click the BE tab and then click Settings…
Enable the offline features as shown: