Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy confirms the agreement between Beyond Encryption Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (company number 00814096) and whose registered company address is 1, Gloster Court, Whittle Avenue, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 5SH, our VAT number is 280809881, (referred to as “BE” , “Us”, “We” or “Our”) and the organisation or individual agreeing to these terms (“ the Customer”, “You” or “Your”). It governs the use of Our email encryption services by You (“User”). This agreement applies whether You purchase the Services directly from Us (or via an Introducer Affiliate or via Reseller.
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the required conditions under which You may access and use our Services under the terms of your End User Licence Agreement.
This policy applies to all users both Business and Individual of Our Services.
The terms of this Acceptable Use Policy apply to all products and services provided to you by Beyond Encryption in whatever manner you might choose to use them (“The Services”). The Services provided by Beyond Encryption which may be subscribed to by the user and include, but are not limited to;
the provision of secure email systems, including Mailock and Unipass Mailock, which enables users, in accordance with compatible software, as published on our website beyondencryption.com, to apply encryption to their existing email facility.
- This is not an alternative email service.
- The user remains responsible for determining the level of security they apply to their email when using the Service is sufficient for the communication and determining whether any other security requirements should be applied or incorporated into their existing infrastructure.
secondary Authentication service provider integration
- Example: Short Message Service (SMS) provision
- large file transfer
- administrative Console delivered by way of secure website
- provision of a secure email gateway solution provided at a corporate level.
To send secure communication using Mailock or Unipass Mailock you need either;
- The Outlook Add-In
- Access to the web using your normal internet browser
- or a Gateway solution used at an Enterprise Level.
The Services may be subject to minimum compatible mobile or computer device specifications and browser or operating system requirements. These requirements together with information on increased accessibility for the Services through the Outlook email Add-in or web services can be found at our Beyond Encryption website.
You may use our products only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our Products:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards which are detailed below.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To knowingly send material that is discriminatory on race, gender, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation, or disability; or to gain access to or decipher transmission to or from any equipment or database running them other than in lawful use of them.
- To knowingly send material that is defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, offensive, deceptive, libellous, invasive, harmful, threatening, inflammatory or of objectionable content for the promotion of unlawful violence.
- To knowingly send or distribute information and content that you don’t have the right to , which is illegal, or which violate any of the above principles.
- As an individual or company for email broadcast or high-volume activity that may be automated or manually initiated unless explicitly agreed by way of contract.
You also agree:
- Not to enable any user subscription or other log-in details to be used by more than one user.
- To only register email addresses that are associated with/controlled by you.
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Services.
- Not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable for, all or any part of them (except to the extent permitted by exclusion).
Not to access without authority, copy, modify, interfere with, damage, or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Not to build a competitive product or service, or build a product or service using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of our websites or services.
- Not to infringe any of our, our licensors users’ rights in our websites or services, their information or content or any associated software, or any third-party software.
- Not to provide Services to third parties (unless we’ve expressly agreed otherwise in writing in our agreements with you).
- Not to licence, sub-licence, sell, rent, lease, share, transfer, transmit, assign, distribute, display, disclose, grant a security intertest in, or otherwise commercially exploit, any of them or otherwise make any of them available to third parties (other than any of your permitted users).
- Not to resell or redistribute our website or any of our services.
- Not to impersonate or attempt to impersonate us, an authorised representative of us, another user, any other person, or entity or be anyone who isn’t you.
- not provide or otherwise make available the technology in whole or part (including object and source code) in any form to any person without prior written consent from Beyond Encryption.
You have no right to have access to the Technology in source-code form.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this or any other Beyond Encryption policy through your use of our services or website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, We may take such action as We deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this policy may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary, or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our products including website and/or any service offered by Beyond Encryption.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as We reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and We may take any other action We reasonably deem appropriate.
Reporting breaches of this policy
If you know of, or suspect, a breach of this policy please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy will be regularly reviewed to incorporate any legislation or regulatory changes. Any changes or updates to the Policy will be published on our website. By accepting this policy, you confirm your agreement to regularly check the website for updates which are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Website.